Tuesday, June 12, 2007

One Year Down....

Bryan and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary last Sunday. I can't believe how fast one year has gone by! We celebrated by eating dinner at Pappadeaux and just talking abut all that has gone on this past year. I always hear about how other couples say they struggled a lot their first year of marriage, but that wasn't the case for us. Maybe it was just me that didn't struggle, I can't speak for Bryan! Just kidding, we were both surprised and pleased at how we adjusted to marriage. We are both BIG proponents of just throwing our frustrations out there and dealing with them one at a time until all is resolved, no matter how long it takes. I tend to be more aggressive in my discussions and Bryan is much more.......hhhhmmmm, calm. He's my voice of reason (most times) and I am so grateful for that. We work well together. We both know that we do not deserve God's blessings, yet he continues to bless us everyday!

4 comments:

The Rowe Crew said...

Yay for you guys! I didn't realized it had already been a year! Congrats :o) Oh, and thank God for "calm" husbands! Ha!

Addie said...

Congratulations! Wishing you all many more! Come see us if you make it up this way. -Shan

AW said...

Hey! I realize this post is almost a month old, but I wanted to say WELCOME to Blogland!!! Yay!

BTW, Neil and I had a fabulous first year. Our second year followed suit. Our THIRD year...well, that was a little more challenging. Since then, we've worked really hard and now things are really better than they've ever been. Isn't it so much fun to be married to your best friend?!

Leslie said...

You know, we had a pretty good first year, but I think it was because so many people "warned" us how hard the first year would be. Maybe we planned for the worst and got the best!