Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Catching Up

I know it has been awhile since my last post, but I have been busy so there is plenty to read about today!
First of all - Thanksgiving Holiday. We spent Thanksgiving this year with my parents and brother in Oklahoma. Even though it was a short trip, we had a great time. Plenty of food galore - Mom, I loved those deviled eggs! - and much needed rest. I didn't realize how tired and stressed out I was until I actually got to rest and then my body wouldn't do anything! All I wanted to do was sleep and sleep I did! I got all rested which was great because on 11/29, I was off to New York with some friends! We had so much fun and now I am trying to recover from that trip! It never ends!

New York - I was there Thursday through Sunday afternoon. The weather was great everyday except for Sunday. That is when it turned really cold and nasty. I saw so much stuff, went shopping and ate ALOT! I'm not ashamed at how much I ate though! My favorite place was this Irish Pub we ate at on our first night. That was the best food (my opinion only) I had in New York with the exception of the cheesecake. I can't begin to describe the cheesecake.
We mastered the subway system pretty well and walked so much. We didn't take in any shows, but we did see the Christmas tree and went all the way to the top of Rockefeller Center. The view from Rockefeller center was amazing. I know I am leaving so much out, but we had so much fun. Another fun thing we did was go to Chinatown, Little Italy and SOHO. What fun! I had so much advise from friends when it came to buying knock-off items in these areas and I appreciated all the advice. Even though I knew what to expect, I was a little concerned at some places the "guides" took us to to see the knock-off merchandise. Let's just say some of the places were a little shady if you know what I mean. We all arrived home safely and I have been trying to recover ever since!

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

The Mills Gang said...

It sounds like you had a great time in NY. I would LOVE to go there--especially around this time of year. You need to post some pics!

AW said...

Ah. New York City. One of my favorite cities ever. The energy, the shopping, the food, the shows, the food. Love that place! If I could afford it (and if Neil would cooperate) I would totally live there. Just love all the people around me. I'd need to take regular trips to my sister-in-law's farm in Hico to balance myself, but I still love it!

Elisa said...

Forget New York - tell us more about Oklahoma! :-)

Most of my extended family is there, and I was born there!

O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, Okla-ho-ma, OK!

Leslie said...

Love NYC! Glad you had fun. We're about an hour from there, so we've been several times....went to the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. Call me anytime you're up this way!!!