Saturday, January 9, 2010

Monkey-ing around!

A week or so ago B and I went to dinner with some friends and their twins. At the restaurant, there was a balloon artist/sculpture person. He comes over to our table and asks if the kids would like a balloon. We weren't exactly sure what he could do, so one child asks for a dog. Easy enough. We then got a little wiser and asked what all he could create. So he mentions a helicopter and that's what the other child got. So it comes time for Audrey's balloon and I see a kid leaving the restaurant with a balloon monkey. Well, that's what Audrey wanted! So I say how about a monkey. The guy looks at me and says (kind of hesitantly), okay. So he digs in his pouch for the right color balloons and doesn't have enough. He apologizes and I say that's okay, how about a pink and green monkey. I'm sure the kid thought I was joking, but I really wanted this monkey and he finally figured that out. So, after about 10 minutes, he creates 1 pink and green monkey for Audrey. The thing was almost as big as she was! She played with it for about 2 days and hasn't touched it since. He is about to be popped and disposed of.
Here are the pictures of Audrey and her monkey.






No comments: