Monday, May 12, 2008

Registration Nightmare!

Good Grief! That's all I can say about the baby registry process. I guess I got spoiled when I registered for my wedding because of my last name. Nobody had my maiden name in the state of Texas. All the people who wanted to buy us something from our registry just typed in my maiden name and VOILA!, our registry came up. Not the same with my very common and well used married name. We are registered at Pottery Barn Kids and Babies R Us. Now on Pottery Barn, we come right up. Not the case with Babies R Us. We are on page 3 or something like that. Sometimes it varies and we come up on the first page or so. A friend of mine who lives in Nebraska said she found us on page 4. She said she almost gave up because there were so many Jessica J's in the city of Dallas that it wasn't funny. So to my out of state friends, here is the registry #: 48738423. This will pull the registry right up. I have to admit that I am glad that the registry is done. There was so much stuff that the "book" said that every newborn needs. I just don't see how a newborn can need all of Babies R Us suggestions. Maybe I am wrong. We'll see. So basically Pottery Barn is for bedding stuff and the room colors/decorating and Babies R Us is for just about everything else. I LOVE Pottery Barn bedding. I have to admit that I really wanted custom bedding, but now that I have the bedding in (came last week) I love it so much more then the custom bedding. Very similar colors and can be used during toddler years. This was important to me because I didn't want something that screamed NEW BABY and then have to look for something else in a couple of years. The custom bedding would have lasted through toddler years, but I was not spending $700+ on baby bedding. I just can't do it! This is not a cut to all who have done custom bedding. I have some friends who got custom bedding for much cheaper. I just couldn't find what I liked for a smaller price tag until Pottery Barn Kids!
The crib and dresser came in last weekend so we picked that up. I love it! It has a couple of issues with the drawers, but my husband is fixing it for us. He good at stuff like that! I feel like this blog is very random. My mind just can't focus on much of anything anymore. Oh well! Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

The Kings said...

I am so sorry about all the registration troubles. I can't wait to see all the baby stuff.