Thursday, June 5, 2008

3 lbs. & 9 oz.

That's right! The sonogram today revealed that little Audrey weighs 3 1/2 lbs give or take a couple of oz. (That would probably explain why I am having some pressure in my lower abdomen.) She is also head down and seems to be quite comfortable. We had to hook me up to the heart monitor since I am past 30 weeks, but she was sleeping so the nurse said: No problem, I'll just wake her up real quick! Most moms would have probably questioned as to how she was going to wake her up, but not me. I just said "Sure...go ahead"! So she comes back in with a mini cattle prod looking thing (first clue!) and stuck it to my arm and said this won't hurt, it's just a vibration. Didn't hurt me so she put it to my stomach and turned it on! I wish I could have recorded Audrey's reaction to the vibration. She jumped so high and then proceeded to kick me 10-12 times. I had never laughed so hard in my life! I think my husband and I were the only ones who thought it was funny. I know Audrey wasn't a fan! She takes after me and likes to sleep until SHE is ready to wake up.
Anyway, during the sonogram the doctor re-checked everything and all looks good. As long as I stick to my diet and exercise plan we should have about an 8 lb little baby. I really do love sonogram days!

No comments: