Sunday, November 2, 2008

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, It's off to work I go.....

Well today was my first day back to work after a WONDERFUL maternity leave. It was incredibly hard leaving Audrey behind. Even though several of my co-workers take or took their kids there and said wonderful things about the daycare, I was dying inside and crying outside. It was a good thing B was there b/c as I was taking her out of her car seat, I burst into tears and said that I couldn't do it and started to put her back in the car seat and go home. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I hated it, but I promised myself I would give working a fair try to see if I liked it and if it was what I wanted to continue to do. If it is not, then B and I will take the steps to allow me to be a stay-at-home mom. I do like my job and the interaction with people that it gives me, but on the other hand is the cutest face ever that I could also just stare at all day...... that might be a slight exaggeration. Anyway, we made it and Audrey actually took 2 decent naps, something she would never do at home.

For all those who prayed for me today, THANK YOU! I felt them and it helped me make it through.









3 comments:

Luke, Kristen and Pierce said...

Beautiful girls! I prayed for you all day....

Team Davis said...

Glad you guys had a good day...I was praying! One day at a time! :)

AW said...

So glad it was a good day...I've been thinking about you three! It gets easier I promise.