Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bargaining QUEEN!!!!!

I must say that I came across the best deal of my entire bargaining life (which is not extensive) Sunday. Some would say (probably most) that this find was just plain luck and I would agree. I rarely do 2nd hand shops b/c I can never find what I like and I can ALMOST ( I stress almost) always find it in a store for super cheap. I'll also be honest that if it is something I really want, I'll suck it up and buy it at full cost--- this rarely happens though. I do sell my stuff at 2nd hand shops though and this is how I found this deal. I took Audrey's clothes to a place called kid 2 kid on Sunday. They called me Monday with an offer of either cash or store credit. Now they are running a special deal this month for 30% store credit.... or something like that (again I don't do this often enough to grasp the full concept). When I was in Sunday, I saw this kitchen play set and thought it would be a good gift for Audrey's 1st birthday. It was in great condition, but was missing the accessories (plates, silverware, pots, food, etc.). I left, but kept thinking about the kitchen play set. When the lady called Monday with my offer, I asked her if the kitchen was still there. It was , so I asked her to hold it for me so that B could go and look at it. I also asked her what the estimated full price of the kitchen was new and she said she thought it went for around $220. I then went on-line and discovered that you can buy the missing accessories, which got me pretty excited. So B and I went to look at it and decided that along with the store credit I had for Audrey's old clothes it was too good to pass up. So to all my pro-bargaining friends... I got this kitchen (see picture below) for a total out of pocket expense of (drum roll please) $47.88! Yes, that's right folks..... a steal in my book and we have Audrey's first b-day present all ready to go with the exception of the accessories, which we will buy closer to her birthday. Can I get a WOO-HOO!!!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow! My bargain-loving self is loving this deal. I can't see ever paying full price for those kitchens...even as cool as they are. I'm sure Audrey will LOVE this!
Good job Jessica!

AW said...

OMG, I am totally jealous! I've thought about getting this for JK. Whenever I pick him up from school, he always stops at the big kids kitchen to play a few minutes, so I think he'd really enjoy one. (Maybe he'll grow up to be a great cook like Daddy!)