Saturday, July 7, 2007

Las Vegas!!

Bryan and I had the opportunity to go to Las Vegas the last week in June. I went for work and Bryan tagged along for fun. Even though my days started at 7:00 am and didn't end until 5:00 pm, we had fun. I didn't see Bryan during the day except when we met for lunch, but the evenings were all us. I love Las Vegas. There is so much to see and do.
For those of you who have never been to Vegas you really only need 3 days there. Anything over three days is overkill (my opinion only). Bryan and I were scheduled for 4 1/2 days. That wasn't so bad because I was at the conference 75% of the time. However, our flight got cancelled Wednesday afternoon and we were going to have to stay until Friday or Saturday. No thank you American Airlines! This is not a downer on American Airlines. I'm glad they cancelled the flight for the passengers and crews safety. What I'm disappointed in is that American Airlines wouldn't do anything to help the situation. There response was "Sorry...this is all we can do". Hmmm...... So here Bryan and I are, stuck in Vegas for a couple of days. Not happening. We were ready to go home. So we call Southwest Airlines. I love these people! Southwest brought in a couple of extra planes to help with the congestion. Southwest made a killing because just about everyone switched over to Southwest to fly home on Thursday. Yes, we couldn't get home until Thursday, but that's okay because the flight we were supposed to be on with American didn't get home until Saturday night, late. Really late. My friend was on this flight and she was not happy.

Back to Vegas...I digressed. Bryan and I had a great time in Vegas. We went to some great restaurants and saw Cirque Du Soleil's: KA. Phenomenal. I loved it. We saw alot of the hotels and the dancing waterfalls at the Belagio. I love those fountains.
Anyway, all in all it was a great trip, exhausting as it was.

2 comments:

Pandamonium said...

I stumbled on your blog via Kristin's - welcome to the online journal world! It is so much easier to write this way I think!

I'm glad you guys had a good trip - I'm jealous - vacations are the best thing in the world.

- Amanda R

Suzanne said...

Ha! I found you, too! Have fun blogging - I felt like you probably do. I thought I didn't have enough material or I couldn't keep up with it. But I got the wheels rolling and they are going strong now. Keep it up!