Friday, September 21, 2007

Marathon, TX

Where?!?! That's what I said when we got the invitation to Ryan and Natalie's wedding. I had never heard of Marathon, TX. For those who don't know where it is, it's about 75 miles from Big Bend. Also close to Marfa where you can see the Marfa Lights. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago Bryan and I head west for the wedding. The drive wasn't that bad (about 8.5 hours). We took Tim with us so everyone drove some and then watched movies or listened to random mixes on iPods. The wedding was great and the town was cute and small. Actually quaint would be a better word then cute. Anyway, here are some pictures.



Bryan and I...



Nice Kitty....


The whole town of Marathon.....



The Bride and Groom

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I knew someone who got married in Marathon once. It apparently has a nice hotel or something there. I also was told you say it "mar-a-thun," not "mar-a-thawn" with the major emphasis on the first syllable. Interesting... and another one of those Texas town quirks!

The Johnson Junket said...

Suzanne,
They probably got married at the Gage Hotel which is where Ryan and Natalie got married at. It was really nice.

Elisa said...

I love the photo of you and Bryan. So cute!

Luke, Kristen and Pierce said...

killer dress, lady!