Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th Everybody!

I caved on the fireworks display. I was out there for a little bit, but was getting eaten alive by bugs. I can barely see my feet, let alone reach down to scratch at a bug bite! I have made a lot of progress on my thank you cards for baby showers I have had. Tomorrow I will mail out the ones I finished today. Whew.... what a relief! I also started washing Audrey's clothes and towels and blankets. Now (or by tomorrow) everything will be washed and ready to go! This little girl has so many outfits! I'm not even sure she will be able to wear them all! We have been so blessed.
I took a friends advice and changed the arrival date on our baby registry to display 07/03/08 so that we could get the coupon earlier to finish buying Audrey's items at a discount rate. Mainly the travel system. (Why don't they just give the coupon to you before the arrival date?) We actually got 95% of the items we registered for. That's pretty good! I can't complain.
The date is getting closer until we get to meet little Audrey! I can wait, but at the same time I can't. I know...makes no sense! I am not uncomfortable at this stage (except swollen feet/ankles) and I feel really fortunate. So many of my pregnant friends/co-workers are really having a difficult time of it. I'm thankful it isn't so bad!
I have to take a moment to brag on my husband and father-in-law. They spent the majority of the day replacing my fuel pump in my car. 2 weeks ago at Wal-Mart we got stranded (almost) and my hubby thought we had water in the gas tank. No big deal he said, we made it tot the gas station, put 91 octane and figured we would be fine. Not so much. After having it looked at by a great mechanic, we discovered that it was in desperate need of a new fuel pump. We plan on trading my car in at the end of the year for a more family friendly sedan, so we chose the cheapest option of fixing the car ourselves. Apparently the fuel pump has been struggling for a while b/c it now runs like a dream! It has so much more get up and go then before! So a huge shout out to my husband and father- in -law. Oh, my brother-in-law too b/c he loaned us his jack and two stands. Wouldn't have been able to fix the car without those!
I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!!

2 comments:

~Shelia said...

I love me a handy guy, but to have that many? Yowza!

Enjoy this last bit you have as non-parents. Catch some movies. Sleep in. Eat meals together. Carry a cute little purse... and only a cute little purse.

We are so eager to meet Audrey. Can't wait.

Jill said...

UGH....I HATE car trouble. Glad you got it fixed and it's workin' now. Praise God for handy men!