Sunday, September 14, 2008

Long Time Coming

I know it has been awhile since my last post. I can't believe how busy I am. The day is gone before I know it! Between feeding Audrey, sleeping, cleaning bottles, and cleaning Audrey, I barely have time to shower let alone blog! Things are going better in the sleep department. We still have bad nights and right now her nights/days are a little off, but we are trying to fix that. I'm not really sure how though. She is the hardest to wake up during the day! I can keep her awake by not feeding her, but then she wails and wails and I feel bad about that! I get incredibly impatient when I get hungry, so I don't like forcing her to wait a certain time in between meals and I don't have the energy to nurse her every 1 1/2 hours. Any advice from moms out there?
My parents were in town this weekend. They haven't seen Audrey since she was 3 days old. It never bothered me about how far away they live until Audrey was born. Now it makes me a little sad that they won't see her as often as they or I would like for them to. They live about 5 1/2 hours away and that is a long time to drive with an infant plus a hard weekend. Once you get relaxed from the drive up, you have to get back in the car and come home! We'll figure it out though. I wish Southwest flew into Arkansas. Actually it does, just the wrong airport (3 hours away) so it doesn't make it easier to fly in and then have my parents come get us. Ugh! What to do, what to do!
That's all I got for now. Until the next post!

1 comment:

Pandamonium said...

My doctor said that if Rach couldn't go two hours without nursing to offer her some water in a bottle to calm her until it was time. He promised me that she wouldn't develop a preference, and she didn't! :)

If you think it's a supply issue and she isn't getting enough when it is time to nurse, there are lots of things you can do to increase your supply. Let me know if you need to know some - I think I probably did them all! :)

I hope that helps!