Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mommy's Day Out

Before Audrey was born, B & I decided that while I was on maternity leave I wouldn't disturb him during the night Sunday through Thursday unless I was at my wits end, and he would take "Audrey night duty" Friday & Saturday so that I could get some rest. Well this past week Audrey has been a real stinker at night and has decided that she can stay awake until 4:00 am. Not so fun for me. So last night she finally got it together (probably the newness of being in her room all by herself) and only woke up to eat which B was Johnny -on -the -spot at getting so I had a great night. In addition to that he took Audrey with him this afternoon so that I could get some peace and quiet! I just love that man! So incredibly sweet of him. So now I am off to do some shopping, get a mani/pedi, eat (yes, by myself--- I love to do this!), and do whatever strikes me! Yeah!!!!

Daddy/Daughter time!!!

4 comments:

Mie said...

Ahhh...this is the time when you realize how "good" you had it before the kiddo...I mean with free time. Even when you are the most busy person on the planet before the baby is born...afterward, you wonder, what on Earth did I do with all my time? And what you wouldn't do to actually go back to the time when you could take a nap whenever you wanted to or sleep in, or just go to the grocery store without worrying about nap times and feedings, and oh, yeah, when the next dirty diaper might be :) And, isn't it funny how even when thinking about that, we still wouldn't even dream about going back to all that if it meant not having our kiddos. They make it all worth it, even when you are tired. Hope you enjoyed your day!

The Kings said...

Go B! It sounds like you had an awesome day!

AW said...

Awwww! B, you are such a great husband.

Jess, I love going out on my own too. I just feel guilty because I usually have a list of girl friends I need to catch up with. LOL!

Charity Craig said...

Yes, you have a wonderful daddy...I'd think about keeping him around. :)