Thursday, September 10, 2009

Daddy's "Labor" day weekend

So while Audrey and I were away visiting Mia and Grandpa, my sweet husband was ripping up floors, tearing out doors and walls and moving heavy appliances....... all for me! Actually it was for him too, but I'm the one that uses the laundry room the most, let's be honest here.

Anyway, a few months ago our hot water heater busted and resulted in some damage to our floors. The laundry room was hit the hardest-- mainly because that is where the hot water heater is stored. So, we bought the tile two weeks ago that matches the guest bathroom and we agreed to upgrade the closet into a deep freezer closet. Huh? Let me explain. I have wanted a stand up freezer for the longest time. We don't really have much room in the garage due to my husbands tools, cabinets, etc. Also in TX, it gets hot and freezer motors tend to burn out quicker in the Texas heat-- not all, but most. So we compromised and he re-fitted the closet to accommodate my desire for a freezer. I'll post pictures of that once it is complete. So here is the fruit of my husband's labor. I didn't get before shots so you'll just have to imagine what it looked like before.



Fixed the whole in the wall that rotted when the water heater busted



Apparently the board hidden by the door frame was bowed out and he had to cut a huge chunk off.


the new floors! You can also see where the freezer will go, hopefully by the end of September, but probably the middle of October.


I almost forgot! He also painted the walls for me. The lady who lived here before had blue and pink hearts stenciled throughout the laundry room. They are now a pretty beige color, like the guest bathroom walls. I will be repainting them, but I'm not sure what color yet.


No comments: