Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Yesterday and Today

So I thought I had this whole morning sickness thing under control until Sunday night. Oh man! Sicker then a dog Sunday night. Monday, same thing. This morning, same thing. Oh, and add a nose bleed which I read is quite common. I think it is my prenatal vitamins I am taking. I think. I haven't had a problem before now, but 30 minutes after I take one, BAM! Hugging the toilet. I realize that might have been too much information at this point, sorry!

On a much brighter note, last night I got to hang out with my friend Maddy and her two super cute little twins! I had a lot of fun, even though I had to stay standing up to hold one or both because they apparently prefer people to stand and hold them. I agree with Maddy, How do they know the difference between sitting and standing? I know it isn't the view because their faces were buried in my shoulder or they were busy head-butting me in the nose (thank you Dylan!). Maybe that's why I had a nose bleed this morning! Just kidding...sort of.

That's all for updates. I had a good doctor appointment yesterday and I got to see baby Ziggy again on the monitor. Long story, but my doctor couldn't find the heartbeat with the Doppler thing so she wanted me to get an ultrasound to see how things were going. All is well and apparently Bryan and I have a VERY active child. My back still hurts from all the jumping that kid did to avoid the rolly thing that allows you to see inside. I wish I had a video so that people could see this baby's actions. It was so cute!

That's all for now! Oh, for those who have asked, yes Bryan and I plan to find out what the sex of baby Ziggy is. I'll keep everyone posted, but it probably won't be until March.



8 comments:

AW said...

Jessica, I had MAJOR issues with vitamins giving me bloody noses and making me nauseaus. My remedy? I switched to Flintstones without iron. I seem to get enough iron in my diet (lots of meat!) that the extra iron in the prenatals was just too much for my systems. And the Flintstones actually stayed down if I ate them with food.

Matthew & Jessica said...

Jessica - I hope your morning/afternoon/all day sickness goes away very soon!! You might try taking your vitamins with a little bit of food right before you go to bed. This seemed to help for me.

Leslie said...

Ugh...morning sickness...no fun! Ditto taking the vitamins at night. Vitamins are for sure not fun to throw up! We'll be praying that things start to settle down sooner than later!

Pandamonium said...

I also took my vitamins at night, and the doctor said to skip taking the DHA one for the first trimester if I couldn't handle it...so I did (mine was one of those two pack horse pills - yuck).

I'm so sorry you're feeling yucky. I remember all too well. Fortunately, it does go away and it is all worth it - I was sick from week 6 to week 15...but it seems like an eternity ago! Once you are feeling better, your pregnancy will FLY by!

Leigh said...

Jessica, Yes, definately take them right before bed. I still can't take mine. I've never taken them with either pregnancy due to nausea/vomiting. This time I actually started taking Noah's Flinstone vitamins too. They're good and don't start my gag reflex.
Good Luck.

Auntie S said...

So excited for you both. How far we've come in the imaging of our lil' ones. It really makes the child seem real. Oh I know you KNOW there's something there with the morning sickness. How well some of us remember.
One thing though. We are hoping for a boy since we already have a girl. One of each seems heavenly blessed. Then what ever comes there after is added joy.

Luke, Kristen and Pierce said...

Reading your post brought back unpleasant thoughts. In fact, watching you Sunday night brought back unpleasant memories.

Then, Pierce giggles and it's all okay. If you need a giggle fix, I will drop him off! :)

(Sick til week 24..for all those who kept telling me it would for sure be over by week 16) :)

The Kings said...

I definitely feel for you. I was told it would go away around week 15, it did not. Hopefully yours will go away very soon. Oh Dylan says sorry, but he was actually going for a black eye.