Monday, February 11, 2008

2 steps forward, 1 step babckwards...

So technically that would only be 1 step forward, but oh well. So I had a great weekend with no sickness. I rested, ate often(whatever I wanted) and felt great! This morning I got to work and it went down the toilet, literally. I think Ziggy is rebelling my food changes. During my first trimester my doctor said to eat what I could, so I did. The only thing that worked was McDonald's breakfast burritos, red meat and loaded baked potatoes. So now that I am in my 2nd trimester I wanted to really monitor what I eat and opt for the healthy side. So this morning consisted of a bowl of healthy cereal and no breakfast burrito. Ziggy obviously disagrees with the healthy lifestyle I am attempting to lead and the only way he/she can retaliate is by forcing me to give the healthy choice "back". This is also the reason why Bryan and I have decided to not go to a nice V-day dinner. Why drop a lot of money on a fancy dinner I may only get to rent? Sigh..... this looks like it will be a work in progress.

For those of you who asked about the free 3-d sonogram, here is the information:
Pregnancy Resource Center: 214.343.3328 (on LBJ & Jupiter). All I did was call in and say that I would like to volunteer for the free sonogram and told them how far along I was. Kay Morton is the person you speak with and they put you on a waiting list and will call you back if they need you. It isn't a gaurantee, but everyone I know who has done this has been accepted. Good Luck!

4 comments:

Leigh said...

I'm sorry you're still feeling sick. I was like that with my first pregnancy. I just ate whatever I could keep down....healthy went down the drain. I was just trying to get thru the pregnancy alive. : )
Thanks for the info, I called and am on the list. She said I should get in a couple of weeks.

The Kennedy's said...

How icky... You have to eat what you can tolerate. For me it was bagels and cream cheese for like 5 months. :)

AW said...

For some reason I craved potatoes in any form - for awhile the only thing I could hold down. Baked, fried, french fries, mashed, chips didn't matter, I craved it all. Come to find out potatoes are high in B vitamins, which stave off nausea. I say eat whatever is working for you. Ziggy is getting all the nutrients he needs right now.

Mom said...

My grandbaby is already voicing an opinion---how like her Mia she is!!