Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Sweetest sound for today

So I had another doctor appointment today to get my weight checked (don't ask!), blood pressure taken (doing good there), more blood drawn (not sure I have any left) and to try and hear the hear beat with the Doppler machine. Last time my doctor couldn't find it and she sent me for a sonogram to check how things were going. So this time I prayed that Ziggy would be a little more flexible and allow us to hear her/his heart beat. Guess what? Prayer worked! Within seconds my doctor found the heartbeat and was able to follow Ziggy while he/she moved. It was a sweet sound. So far everything sounds great and Ziggy has a strong heartbeat. Fast too. Some might say that this is an indication that Ziggy is a "she". We won't find out until late March what we are having. I guess it depends on if Ziggy is in a cooperative mood or not. I'm praying now that he/she is. I am ready to start buying stuff for a nursery!
I appreciate everyone's prayers for Ziggy so far. Please keep them up. This is an exciting time as well as a scary time. For me anyways. I know God has a wonderful plan for this child, I just wish I knew every detail like God does!
Later!

4 comments:

AW said...

What wonderful news Jess! Enjoy those moments!

The Mills Gang said...

I agree! Hearing that little heart beat is just the sweetest sound ever. I always enjoy listening to that!
I am so happy for you guys and excited that you get to experience all this! :)

Jean said...

Sweet baby girl............you still scared and excited even when your children are in their 30s (and I might when your granchild is on the way!!) I agree with the others, cherish these moments

Unknown said...

well well well jessica is with child. Im only a few months behind. congrats girlfriend!