Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ziggy 1, Mom 0

Despite all the advice to eat whatever I could, I wanted to keep trying to eat healthy. (To be honest, I really worry about gaining a lot of weight that will be difficult to lose after baby Ziggy). So with this fear in mind, I trudged on with a healthy food choice. Monday was a hard day. All day. So Tuesday I once again fixed my healthy cereal and fruit and ate on. 1 hour later (after Ziggy pulled an abrupt and messy tantrum) I was happily munching on a breakfast burrito from McDonald's. This morning there wasn't even any consideration other then a burrito. Today for lunch, whatever Ziggy wants. I fold. I'm tired of being sick. Zofran doesn't work for me people. The last two times I have taken it, sick, sick, sick. I thought Zofran was supposed to stop me from being sick! Its worked for my friends, why not me? Ugh! Maybe it is a mental thing. Usually by the time I feel sick all I want to do is throw up to feel better. I know, how backwards is that?

So for those keeping score: Ziggy 1, Mom 0. It's going to be a long pregnancy!

4 comments:

Luke, Kristen and Pierce said...

I'm so sorry, Jess! And you are not completely crazy about the throwing up being the best part. That way, you are guaranteed at least 10 minutes of feel good after! :)

Keep trucking! It is all worth it!

Pandamonium said...

Seriously - cut yourself some health food slack! :) I lived on french fries, Ritz crackers, and grilled cheese sandwiches for 12 weeks. Just refined carbs and cheese, baby...and I think Rachel turned out okay.

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad - hopefully it will get better sooner than later, but either way, Kristen is right - it's all worth it. It seems like forever ago that part of my morning ritual was throwing up twice before breakfast.

Leslie said...

Oh so sorry the meds didn't work. I kind of wonder if it would have worked for me either?!

Everyone else is right, it will so be worth it. So worth it that you may decide to be crazy enough to do it again some day!

AW said...

Oh, Jess, I'm so sorry the Zofran didn't work! Does it need to be a higher dosage? I was still queasy through the highest dosage of Zofran, but I could at least keep down the cookies. It just prevented me from throwing up.

Everyone's right...it IS worth it. I'd go through it again in a heartbeat, now that I know what comes of it!