Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Everything is Normal!

Last week I had some blood drawn to run an AFP test. AFP Test checks for abnormalities that can tell you if your child runs a risk for Down Syndrome, Trisonomy, Neural tube defects and other things. My doctor just called with the results and all looks normal! Praise God!!

To be honest, I had forgotten about the test until I listened to the message from the office. I wasn't too worried because I trust God's plan for this child. I do realize it is easier to say this now that I know everything is looking good. I know that there might be some problems that develop that will test my trust in his plan, but I have placed this child in God's hands and pray daily that he continues to prepare Bryan and I to raise this child he has given us according to his plan! I am learning that this is an area I struggle in sometimes. A friend of mine had posted on her blog a series of questions in regards to faith. She has been tested (still is) and she threw out her questions to all of her readers. The majority of her feedback was: Let me get back to you after I think on it!. How often does our answer to the questions change when we are tested or when we aren't being tested? I'm guilty of teetering (is this a word?) back and forth depending on the situation I am in. I tend to praise God when all is well and question his love and purpose for me when things are not so well. The saving grace though is that Gods is full of love, grace and forgiveness! So I try and take time to praise God everyday, no matter what I am feeling because he has paid the ultimate sacrifice for me, for us.

1 comment:

AW said...

Ms Jessica, this is a HUGE praise! HUGE!

As for "teetering" faith, I understand all too well. I'm learning though. I'm better at it today than a year ago. Hopefully, this time next year I'll be even better.

I'm also realizing that faith is not a feeling but a choice. I am making a choice to believe in Him, when my emotions are running 100 mph in the opposite direction.