Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sense of Humor

Apparently only a few people thought my joke was funny. (See post below this one). I thought it was funny along with Bryan and my dad. Oh well. Welcome to my sense of humor!

Anyway, we had another sonogram today and I am pleased to announce that Bryan and I are expecting a GIRL!!!! For real, no joke. We are both shell-shocked because we just knew it was a boy. We are beyond excited though or we soon will be. I'm having trouble wrapping my arms around this. All I can hear in my head right now is the speech Tom Cruise gave at the end of Cocktail that says "and if it's a girl that comes to bless our clan......" I won't repeat the rest, but if you have seen Cocktail then you know how it ends! It is going to take a while to change my train of thought. I'll attach the 3-d picture of our baby girl soon.

So the nickname of Ziggy no longer applies. From this moment on we will be calling her Audrey. Audrey is named after my Great-Aunt Audrey who lived in Zinc, Arkansas. Yes, there is a very small town called Zinc. My mom's side of the family can all vouch for that if you don't believe me. I've always liked the name and Bryan agreed on it as well. Actually, before Bryan and I even got married we picked 2 boy and 2 girl names out and we haven't even considered changing. Even when the nurse said it's a girl (and I said: Are you sure?), I immediately said her name is Audrey. So bad luck or not, the full name is Audrey Elaine! I'll go ahead and give a disclaimer that we have every right to change our minds, but for now it is Audrey.

Okay, there you have it. I'll post more soon!

15 comments:

Matthew & Jessica said...

Yay for girls!! We just knew we would be having a boy too! We were pretty shocked, along with Matt's family, to hear it was a girl. The only girls in Matt's Widmer side of the family are the ones married in. Girls are SO much fun though. I now couldn't imagine it any other way. I'm excited for you!

Love the name too! :)

Mandi said...

Yayyy! Congratulations!! I know I'm partial, but I think you're gonna love having a girl. :)

The Kings said...

CONGRATS!!!!!

Mom said...

Congratulations and only the best for the 3 of you!!! (Don't be surprised if Ziggette doesn't become Audrey's nickname) And now for shopping...........Get ready Bryan!!!

The Kennedy's said...

riibons, bows, sparkly, and pink!!!! yay!!! :)

Michael, Sara & Micah said...

I think you are quite funny myself. I love your sense of humor. I am so excited you guys are having a girl, maybe we will get on that same train. ;) !!!
Love Sara W.

Wolfe Blog said...

Congratulations!! We can't wait to meet Miss Audrey! I am so glad everything is going fine---try not to worry about anything.

AW said...

AGGGHHH! A girl???? Are you sure??? That TOTALLY took me off guard. I was silently predicting a boy myself!

Audrey Elaine. I love it! She'll be beautiful, I can already tell! :-)

Congratulations you two!

~Shelia said...

Remember way back, over dinner, we were talking about the old wives tales, and rings on strings telling you baby's gender... 'member? I SAID it was a girl!

(Aside from liking that I was right... and I do like being right...) CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I can't hardly wait for her to get here!

Leslie said...

Yaaaayyy!!
She's going to be one spoiled little girlie! How exciting.
And I do love the name Audrey! So girlie, yet so strong. I can totally picture the name on a cute little baby, a teenager, an adult and an older lady! Great choice!

The Rowe Crew said...

Oh yay for another GIRL!!! We were the same way...KNEW it was a boy. But now I can't even imagine anything BUT a girl! You are going to love it and Bryan, well, he's in trouble :o)

LOVE the name too!

Pandamonium said...

Girls are awesome - we're so happy for you all!

Yvette said...

I would have posted sooner, but I have been tooooo busy shopping for pink, pink, pink things. A girl at last. August can not get here soon enough. Prayers and love to all three of you.

Mom said...

Didn't they have twins in Cocktail??

Monkey Toes said...

Congrats on a girl! Girls are great fun!