Thursday, April 24, 2008

Not as bad as I thought....

So yesterday morning I went in for my 3 hour glucose testing. I thought it was going to be horrible because you have to stop eating anything by 10:00 pm the night before the test and you can't eat anything until after the test is over (which was 11:50 AM for me). For those of you who REALLY know me I get cranky when I get hungry. I can handle being tired, but hungry is a different story all together. My evil twin comes out and I can't control her!!!
I had a rough patch that first hour of waiting, but after that I was okay. I kept busy reading and talking on my cell phone to people. I think the hardest thing for me was the fact that they had to draw all four blood samples from my left arm because my right arm is a super hard stick. So now my left arm is killing me and I have a huge bruise!
Please keep up the prayers that the test comes back negative for gestational diabetes. I know a lot of pregnant women develop this condition and I know it can be managed with diet and exercise, but this would be one more thing stressing me out and my blood pressure is high enough as it is!
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I'll be praying for healthy results. :)

AW said...

Jess, when do you get results back? I'll be praying that you have peace through this.

Luke, Kristen and Pierce said...

Ick. Not eating for that long might bring out the evil in me, too. However, I could stand to go without a meal or two. :)

Let us know how the results turn out! Praying all is well!