Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So much to be thankful for....

It has dawned on me that I have so much to be thankful for. I always take for granted all God has blessed me with in my life. I have really been working on this the past few weeks and it has really hit home the past day or two. In regards to a previous post, I had to take a glucose test to see if I had developed Gestational Diabetes. The results are in and I have developed this condition. At first I was disappointed and then I became very scared. Partly due to all the research I have read about on all that can go wrong with this type of diabetes. So I started praying because I realized that I was quickly loosing my sanity worrying about all that can go wrong. After I calmed down, I spoke again with my doctor and she assured me we had caught it in time and that if I followed a new eating plan and exercise routine that I should have a relatively low risk remainder of my pregnancy. Yes, I'll be monitored more closely and hey... I get more sonograms out of the deal! I'm sure my insurance company is going to love me! Anyway, I am so thankful that I have a great husband who is willing to change his eating habits ( not that he needs to!) to help me, a great family who is always supportive, wonderful friends who are always there to cheer me on and a great doctor and her equally great staff! I am also thankful of all that God has done for me and all that he has promised me. It won't always be a cake-walk, but he will never leave my side and for this I am most thankful!

5 comments:

Pandamonium said...

I had a co-worker with GD. While it was time consuming for her to follow a strict diabetic diet, in the end, she was a much healthier eater and both she and her baby were just fine. In fact, she looked and felt so much better post-partum that she continued the diet and lifestyle. There is a certainly a silver lining! :)

The Rowe Crew said...

Hey Jess,
Well I'm sorry it didn't go quite as planned, but I love hearing your thankful heart!!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help...make some yummy new recepies, got on a walk or just whatever. I mean it! You'll do great with this!

Jill said...

I'm so thankful that you have found this out early. We'll be praying for you guys!!!

Raina said...

So sorry that things have gotten more complicated and a little scarier, but don't worry! God is watching your family every step of the way, and this is a temporary and manageable thing! We'll be praying for you!

Leslie said...

We'll be praying for you for sure. I too have heard good things come from people who have had GD. Makes you and baby overall healthy even though it can be a lot of work!