Sunday, May 10, 2009

A first....

Today is my first Mother's Day... officially. I actually celebrated last year too when I was pregnant with Audrey. I couldn't help it, I was so excited. Anyway, today was the first Mother's day with Audrey outside the safety of my belly. I say "safety" because she is such a dare-devil She has so many scrapes due to her falls. We can't possibly remove every potential threat to her safety in the house, so we watch her the best we can and leave the rest up to God. I have been praying for her safety since before she was born and it looks like she will need all the prayers she can get. It never ceases to amaze me how something that looks so harmless poses such a threat once she gets her hands on it. For instance, a non-working remote control I let her play with. She managed to rip off one of the buttons and chew on it. I can't get her to chew people food, but remote control buttons, hey, why not! Ugh!
Anyway, back to Mother's Day. Despite a rough weekend, (I'll explain later) I am having a great Mom's day. Audrey and her daddy got me cards and a plant AND a facial from my favorite spa. I can't wait to go! We are also going to go to Blue Mesa because they are running their brunch all day today! I LOVE Blue Mesa brunch. Originally, B was going to make me a super special lunch, but the disaster that happened over the weekend (yes, the one I will tell you about in another post) put a stop to that. Not to shabby for my first Mother's Day.

I do want to wish every Mother a Happy Mother's Day. Your children may not say it, but we/they do love you!

My mom, me and Audrey. Happy Mother's day mom! I DO love you! Your example of being a mom is in my heart and I hope to be as wonderful a mom to Audrey as you were to me.

Hammin it up for the camera. She definately knows what to do when I whip the camera out!



My blue-eyed girl! Love, Love, Love her!


1 comment:

Mom said...

Thanks, Jessica!! I feel pretty certain that you will be a super Mom for Audrey.
I'm glad that your first Mother's Day was special, even if your wkend
was bad.

I love you for all that you were, are and will be...
Mom